Wednesday, September 7, 2011

My Week In Geek

This last week for me as of geek I picked up Flashpoint 5, The Incredible Hulks 635, Justice League 1, The Amazing Spider-Man: Kraven’s Last Hunt, Absolute Batman: The Long Halloween, X-Men: Age of X, House of M, Thor: The Trials of Loki, and Season 1 of Wolverine and the X-Men.

You can see my thoughts on the first issue of the Justice League here. As for the other comics I have to say my favorite issue from last week was The Incredible Hulks 635. It’s the stunning conclusion to Greg Pak’s run with the character as well as the end of this volume. I am going to greatly miss his work with the characters, but I look forward to the new series starting in October.

So far I have only read Age of X out of the trades I picked up, which I really enjoyed. I have a tendency to love alternative history stories of well-established characters. I wont say much more on this story because I think I will end up doing a review of it later this month in a Random Trade Tuesday. The same can be said for almost all the trades I picked up this week.

As for Wolverine and the X-Men I’ve only watched the first disc and wow do I love it. It reminds me of the Anti-Mutant stuff from the 90’s X-men series mixed with a continuation of the X-Men Evolution series from the 2000’s. Really loved both those series so this combination of them is just awesome for me.

Well that was last week in geek for me, and this week looks to be just as geek heavy with more new DC first issues and more X-men stuff. See you tomorrow with my weekly comic reviews.

2 comments:

  1. You lied! It's been two weeks and you still haven't updated us with your reviews. :'(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I did, but that's because of a few things changing over here on my end. 1) I kind of have lost the passion to write down reviews. 2) started back at school and it has been a shock to the system. and 3) I've been trying to court a young lady, but with little success

    ReplyDelete