Thursday, May 26, 2011

Secret Origin

I had always been into super heroes from a young age, thanks to things like; the Ninja Turtles, Batman (movies, 60's Adam West show, and Bruce Timm animated series), Spider-Man cartoon, X-Men cartoon, and much more. But I started getting into comic books as a medium about four or five years ago, only buying trade paper backs to start off with, most notably; JLA Earth 2, Superman Red Son, and Justice League New Frontier. Then summer three years ago my neighbours gave me eight boxes of comic books, which were mostly X-Men and Spider-Man titles, but little did I know when I got them that there would be a series in there that would change my life forever. That series was 52, a book published by DC Comics, after reading it and hearing about what was to happen in Batman R.I.P./ Final Crisis I started picking up new comics on a weekly bases. For the most part when I started I was reading the Batman books that were available to me at my local comic shop and Chapters (i.e. Batman and Detective Comics) then shortly after that I made my way into more books, primarily Green Lantern and Green Lantern CORPS thanks to the Blackest Night event (but as that raged on I got into more and more books thanks to the cross overs, I started picking up R.E.B.E.L.S. & Booster Gold thanks to the cross overs). By the time winter of that year rolled in I got tired of just that one universe of characters, so that's when I started picking up the Hulk books. I started with the Hulk books when I made my way to Marvel because of the infectious love for the character that Michael Bailey and Steve Glosson showed for him on a hand full of episode of Views From The Longbox. From that moment on I did my best to catch up on the Hulk books, in fact now I am 6 issues away from having a complete Hulk run. Through those Hulk books I slowly got more and more involved in the Marvel universe, this lead me to picking up the Avengers titles, Captain America, and Black Panther, and my first Marvel event, Fear Itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment