Monday, September 24, 2012

Top 5 Marvel Heroes

In honor of Avengers coming out on DVD and Bluray tomorrow (tonight with midnight releases) I thought I would do a top 5 list of my Top 5 Marvel Heroes (or at least non bad guy characters).


5. Black Bolt: King of the Inhumans and all around bad ass Black Bolt takes the number 5 spot in this list. His classic and cool Kirby design conveys power & demands respect, tie in the fact that he is super strong, is silent because of his hypersonic voice, and his ability of molecular manipulation makes him a total bad ass.


4. Black Panther: Another Kirby creation. Wakanda's king T'Challa is a character with few equals. Being one of the first depictions of a strong African character from a thriving and advanced African nation, is one thing but also him being one of the universes smartest men, an expert strategist, and all around bad ass character is what puts him in the number for spot for me.


3. Hulk: Good ol' J-Jaws. Hulk was the first Marvel character I ever got into reading on a month to month bases, and always holds a soft spot in my heart. whether he's our classic jolly green goliath, Joe Fixit, or Professor Hulk I dig the character & always want more.


2. Beta Ray Bill: The first non Kirby created character on the list (and only one), but what can you say about Thorse? How about the fact that he's a super cool character that has all the powers of Thor but is way more fun to read? I honestly go out of my way to pick up any title that I see Beta Ray Bill is showing up in, and would love to see him one day in a Marvel movie.


1. Captain America: I'm probably going to lose my Canadian citizenship for this, but I love Captain America. He is just this stoic symbol of everything that is good and right. He was just a wimpy kid who wanted to do the right thing and became the worlds greatest hero. He isn't just a man that wears a flag on his chest, but the embodiment of all the good or at least potential good that one man from anywhere can do. This is also why I love Chris Evans as Cap, because he is able to depict that perfectly.



No comments:

Post a Comment