Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Top 5 Comics (01-02-13)

It's a new year with some new comics. So lets stop with this chatter and head on to the comics list.

5. Adventure Time: Fiona & Cake #1 (kaboom): This is the first time I've had a Kaboom title on the list, but this one has the potential to be great. I've started recently reading the regular Adventure Time title, and it has been great. I'm looking forward to this gender swap mini series.

4. Iron Man #5 (Marvel):  This has been one of my favourite series to come out of the Marvel NOW relaunch. This is building up to the conclusion of the Extremis story that has been building the bones for future stories, and I'm looking forward to the way this will lead into Tony Stark (Iron Man) being in the Guardians of the Galaxy.

3. The Manhattan Project #8 (Image): If you're not new to the blog you know I have a soft spot of this series, and the writer of it. I look forward to every issue of this title as it comes out. I'm just going to say this again READ THIS BOOK!

2. Batman Incorporated #6 (DC Comics): Like I really have to talk about this series. Come one it's the build up to Grant Morrison's cross title spanning series. I can't wait to see how this story plays out, and with the amazing art it's a title that can't be beat.

1. New Avengers #1 (Marvel): Johnathan Hickman taking on the Marvel universes Illuminati and them taking on the macro problems that face Earth. As well it is Hickman taking on characters I absolutely love, and other that I've fallen for while reading his other works. Lastly Black Panther is one of the freaking stars of this series, and it appears to have heavy focus on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment