Monday, December 3, 2012

A Funko Fanboy's Dream

There are few things in pop culture and geek culture that haven't already received the Funko Pop vinyl figure treatment. DC and Marvel superheroes started this great trend off, which was made its way into Star Wars, Disney, and so much more. Now it's starting to make its way into more wonderful franchises, like; The Walking Dead, The Hobbit, Adventure Time, Sponge Bob, Game of Thrones, and even He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. So today I am going to go over some franchises I would love to see get the Funko Pop vinyl figure treatment.


So to start this off I want to talk about the franchise that inspired me to write this article, that being the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. What I would give to see the Turtles as cute little vinyl figures, but it could go on to be so much more than just our four favourite pizza eating shelled heroes. I would love to see a whole series done with Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello, Michelangelo, Splinter, Shredder, Krang, April O'Neil, Casey Jones, Bebop, Rocksteady, and a Foot Clan Ninja. Of course I would expect these to be broken up over two waves of figure release, but I would still buy up every single one of them. This would also give them plenty of other characters to use for Con exclusives like, Miyamoto Usagi, Leatherhead, Hamato Yoshi, and Venus to name a few.


Another franchise I would love to see get this treatment is of course Ghostbusters. Of course we would have Peter Venkman, Ray Stantz, Egon Spengler, and Winston Zeddemore, but as well as Slimer (which is totally do able just from looking at the Lumpy Space Princess figure), Stay Puft Marshmallow Man (giant size or regular sized), Zuul and Vinz Clotho (both in human possession forms and in demon forms), and of course Gozer. Again this would be a series that I would buy up every one of the figures.






The final series I would like to see is one already coming, but would love to see have more built onto it. That series being the aforementioned He-Man and the Master of the Universe franchise. There are so many great He-Man characters for them to come out with, I would love to see. Unlike the other two franchises I've mentioned I'm not going to list off any characters that would make for great vinyl figures, since we all know that all the characters have made for great action figures and the vinyl treatment would just make them all cuter. But I will end this by saying they better make a Orko figure eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment