Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Top 5 Comics (12-12-12)

Been awhile since I've done one of these, it has been some crazy times for me since I last did a top 5 comics list but enough of this crazy nonsense lets get to some comics.

5. Scarlet Spider #12 (Marvel Comics): It's the beginning of a new story, with the events of Minimum Carnage behind us what does this mean for Kain? With it being the beginning of a new story this should be a great hopping on point for the comic. It has been one of the more fun titles of the last bit, and if you haven't been reading it do yourself the favour and check it out.

4. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #17 (IDW): This title has been on my list several times in the past, but not so much lately, but not for it dipping in quality I just have been back burnering it since it is one of those titles I really enjoy and so I've been savoring the read. So now that I'm all caught up times look exciting and interesting for the Turtles.

3. Batman #15 (DC Comics): This is the only DC Comics title I'm picking up this week. The Death of the Family story has kind of been a miss for me, but I'm still interested in how it plays out. Scott Snyder does has an extremely creepy way of writing the Joker which I do like, but over all the story since the last two issue of Court of Owls has been kinda not as exciting as I would hope. Maybe the problem is more with me and a general feeling of blah with DC in general, and thus making it hard for me to enjoy much of anything from them.

2. Avengers Assemble #10 (Marvel Comics): SCIENCE BROS!!! This is the second issue of Kelly Sue DeConnick on Avengers Assemble and if her first issue (and work on Captain Marvel) is any indicator of what to expect from this title I'm going to be on for the long haul of the title. It has just been filled with fun little character pieces that give us something exciting and fun.

1. Iron Man #4 (Marvel Comics): Iron Man has been one of my favourite titles to come out of the Marvel NOW relaunch. Up until now I've never really read any Iron Man stories out side of the Avengers titles, and now I look forward to every issue of this title that comes out. New suite and equipment every issue to help Tony hunt down Extremis. Go to your lcs or comixology and get caught up on this title, it is pure wonderful comic book story telling.

No comments:

Post a Comment